Monday, September 29, 2008

Day 2 of our Vacation 9/19/2008


We got up around 10am this morning and mawmaw fixed a home cooked full breakfast just like when I was growing up!

After that wonderful breakfast, Chris started getting nosy and investigating their dishwasher and why it would not work. Well he found the problem and while he was in the kitchen he decided that their vent hood was way too old and just needed replacingt. So we headed up to Lowes. Wow we got a kick out of everyone as soon as they opened their mouth! The accents were so thick, it was cute.
And to think we once sounded just like that! It was all good though now we know what people up here are hearing when we talk even thought it is not that thick anymore.
So after Chris fixed things we headed to Magnolia, AR to my Mother's house. We had a choice of either going to the MHS Football game or going to the Old Feed House. We picked up my Mother and went to the Old Feed house (all you can eat southern fried catfish, ribs, spicy boiled shrimp, fixens) wow I didn't realize how much I really missed southern fried catfish and boiled shrimp.
After that we drove around town which is about 1 mile long to see all of the new things that have been put up. We ended up stopping at the SuperCenter which is like the only place to go in town. While Chris and I were walking around someone yelled my name, it was Jennifer and Chris Dowling!! Chris Dowling and Chris were best friends growing up and him and his wife were there when my Chris asked me to marry him. We ended up standing in Wally World for about an hour and and half talking about old times and just laughing it up!!

No comments: